Monday, October 10, 2005

Not Culture, Again?

Click here to hear an audio-article from this past Saturday's All Things Considered. Also at the site are three downloads off the new Knitters album.

I, like many people, play the desert island game - what five bands/solo artists' canon of music would I take if I were stranded on a desert island? What authors?

Well, two of the Knitters, pictured to the right, (John Doe, top left, Exene Cervenka, right in the middle) interviewed in the audio-article posted above, were the heart and soul of X, for my money one of best bands America ever produced, and one of my desert island five.

And the Knitters are pretty damn good too. In the NPR interview, Exene makes the argument that punk is folk and folk is punk, and is very persuasive. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home